Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 phi

phi

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hello CodeCall buddies,

As a junior software developer, I have been assigned the task to write the rules, regulations, standards, etc. concerning the technical activities that are undertaken in my department. I know this is not a duty for a junior but seniors are busy working on projects and we are a pretty new company. We started in January officially. We do graphic design, software development of all types, computer troubleshooting and maintenance and system administration

Right now, everybody has its own way of doing things and things are done in a quick and dirty manner. I have to suggest (pathways) for all these activities.

For example, when it comes to software development, it starts with a single developer and when delivery time get closer, more developers are assigned to the project to complete it faster. It results in a software full of bugs and developers blaming one another. On site system administration is also a nightmare.

How are all those activities handled in your company ? Thank you for sharing anything you think might help :biggrin: .

Love what you do and you will be successful...

#2 DaDopeman

DaDopeman

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

Replace the humans with cyborgs!

#3 ZaraWatsonn

ZaraWatsonn

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

In my workplace there is no any specific rules and regulations regarding IT services. You just remember to not doing any thing which you aslo consider as illegal.

#4 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

Having a junior programmer crate rules and standards says a lot about your company.

:worry:

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download