Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Which language/tools are better for this really easy image editor?

image editor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alhazred

Alhazred

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:38 AM

I need a software which allows to do a few things, but looking around I couldn't find anything ready to use, so I've decided to make it by myself.

I already have programming experience, but with web oriented languages, such as PHP.

The software should look like "Windows' Paint", but much easier.

Here what I should do with the software:

- create an image deciding its size in pixels

- set an image as background or import an image which will cover the entire area (stretched if the image area is bigger than the image to apply over it, I don't need to keep the aspect ratio)

- import images (jpg and png) to put over the background (their size must not change, they have to be the same as the imported image)

- move the imported images to position them in the wanted place

- write text choosing only given fonts (not all the fonts installed on the PC) and sizes (set as small, medium, large)

- save the image created as jpg

That's all what the software should permit to do.

Both the images and fonts have to be chosen from a predefined set, so I think to put them into folders and then the software will look inside them.

The software must work on Windows.

I don't need a nice interface, I only need that it works.

Which is the best and easiest way to make a software like that?

Which tools and programming language are better to use?

Don't tell me to use Publisher-like softwares, they are way too complex for my purpose.

Edited by Alhazred, 09 January 2016 - 05:40 AM.

#2 jessicaamirr

jessicaamirr

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:02 AM

Can anyone help me please? For a Windows 8 machine, I am looking for a free, basic photo editing software that has the features listed below, prominently. And not much more. I have downloaded and tried at least 20 of them, and haven't found the right fit yet. It's for my Mom, who is kind of a techniphobe. Too many options scare her, but she definitely wants the options below...

Tools to adjust exposure (i.e. contrast, brightness...)
tools to adjust color (i.e. red, green, blue...)
Adjust sharpness, crop auto adjust maybe undo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dot net Training in Chennai | Salesforce Training in Chennai | Slaesforce Training in Chennai

•  

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download