Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

why does it take so long to get a response to a question asked

java

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 divinity03

divinity03

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

hi everyone

does it have any programmers, moderate inside here. why does take so long for question to be answered

#2 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:58 AM

Because, like myself, many others have stopped coming here on a daily basis.  Since the transfer of power, it simply hasn't been the same.

For quite a while, this place was a wonderful place for programmers to help others.  It was moderated well, and it was a pleasure to help other programmers in need.

Instead of just hand feeding people they answers, we would give many hints on what was wrong, where to look in the code, etc.  This made them better programmers, 

But then came the incessant spam, followed by belligerent people that just wanted the answer and had no interest in figuring things out themselves, and learning a really useful skill...DEBUGGING.

I have taken all but 2 of my blog postings off this site, and left the 2 that pertained to the belligerent people that joined en mass.

http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/

It is truly unfortunate.  This place was once a great place to talk and teach programming.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#3 divinity03

divinity03

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:40 AM

wow yeah boi, am sorry to hear that u all guys used to help me out a lot 

#4 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

Because, like myself, many others have stopped coming here on a daily basis.  Since the transfer of power, it simply hasn't been the same.

For quite a while, this place was a wonderful place for programmers to help others.  It was moderated well, and it was a pleasure to help other programmers in need.

Instead of just hand feeding people they answers, we would give many hints on what was wrong, where to look in the code, etc.  This made them better programmers, 

But then came the incessant spam, followed by belligerent people that just wanted the answer and had no interest in figuring things out themselves, and learning a really useful skill...DEBUGGING.

I have taken all but 2 of my blog postings off this site, and left the 2 that pertained to the belligerent people that joined en mass.

http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/

It is truly unfortunate.  This place was once a great place to talk and teach programming.

True what he said.

I used to visit CC on a regular basis and was at one point spending the majority of my time on here. Unfortunately, though, all good things must come to an end. CC is like a Apocalypse now, where the only visitors seem to either be starving for knowledge or peering at what it once was and now, the remains of a great community, destroyed and digested by it's own mother - The Internet.

Meh, whatever, things change I guess.

#5 Dewlance

Dewlance

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

Maybe low traffic or less developers are present so its take time. Other possible reason is hard question or you ask a question like "My software is not working" and provide a full code and think that someone will spend 1 hours on your question and solve your problem.

I am not sure about traffic since it look like forum members are active and its hard to find forum section with to much old thread.

Edited by Dewlance, 11 December 2015 - 10:07 PM.

#6 shvastav9188

shvastav9188

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

hi

vastav

there is most reasons of this post

if any one ask a question to any one , so he take a time to reply?

some reasons-----

it can fault about the question matter--

can be some pressures--

and other some issues to reply a question

regards

vastav

#7 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

This pretty much describes this board now:

108351d1381515339t-dead-its-dead-jim.jpg

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#8 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Assembly, VBScript, Others

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

I haven't seen any threads in the C/C++ forum for a while now so my grace period between visiting this forum to check for new threads has been increasing as of late. I've been trying to find an active programming community for a long time, aside from the obvious bigger communities that I crawl back to when I can't find anything else; SO, MSDN, etc..

It's really hard to find an enjoyable community to contribute your spare time towards, and one that is active. I'm a member on more forums than I can name off the top of my head, but how many of those do I visit frequently? -- Could probably count those on one hand.

Edited by AceInfinity, 27 February 2016 - 10:46 PM.

Microsoft MVP (2012) - .NET Programming | ®Crestron DMC-T Certified Programmer
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: java