Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Visual Studio creating simple window application?

visual studio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Kreative

Kreative

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hello,

So I am relatively new to Visual Studio and C++, and I would like to create a very simple window application. However, I will not use any features such as in-built fields, tick boxes, buttons and the like. The window will not be re-sizable and I intend to learn how to create a launcher that specifies the window resolution, whether it's decorated with the outline and minimize, maximize and close button or full-screen. To some, this may hint as the basic game application of most games, especially based on the Unity engine, and yes I am trying to create a basic game frame.

Everything displayed on the window will either be loaded from my own code-built vector graphic files in resources or drawn using nothing but code, I am not planning to use any special built-in window or form creating features in Microsoft Visual Studio. So my question is what type of project should I start for this or if anyone could direct me to any tutorials that explore this same concept in depth I would be grateful.

Kind Regards,
Kreative

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download