Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Create a simple full-screen border-less raster canvas for drawing?

c++

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kreative

Kreative

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hello,

So I have become somewhat familiar with C++ syntax, far from fluent, and I would like to create a game in Windows using MS visual studio. How can I simply project a raster onto the desktop as if it's a full-screen border-less window? I don't want to use any integrated buttons, text fields, tick boxes or any other preset features. I just simply want to create an application which when you launch appears on the task bar with a custom icon, and when focused on the window cannot move, is centered on a selected screen and can change screens in-game, max resolution of that screen and border-less? Need any more specifics? Please let me know. Know a tutorial explaining this exactly and aren't bothered to summarize it? Please let me know.

In the future I'd like to be able to detect the point on the screen where the mouse currently is, and clicked, released, what key on the keyboard was pressed, when a window is minimised etc. I would also like to use vector graphics, especially the svg format. This is only in the future though but if anyone would be so kind that atleast tell me where to find answers to these questions I would be even more grateful.

Summary: I am practically asking where I can learn to create a game in C++ for windows, but this game is never supposed to be windowed and how can I make not full-screen, like take over the screen like big games do when you select full-screen mode but more like the border-less option that some awesome games have where ALT + TABing is easy.

Kind Regards,
Kreative

#2 Charliedj

Charliedj

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

There are tons and tons of weird data structures. Try creating an implementation of a double ended priority queue. I created a Min-Max Heap implementation last year and it was an interesting exercise.

Thanks , :L