Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hello CodeCall forum

introduction hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CurbPaintingcom

CurbPaintingcom

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hello CodeCall forum!  Although I have been in the same business continually for 29 years, I am fairly recent to programming and seo as of Feb 2014 when I first got a web presence starting with the purchase of 5 domain names, CurbNumbers.com (self-descriptive and still intended to keep because it is best at being self-descriptive of the service offered), CurbPainting.com (sister and mirror site used because the two words match those used in 7 times as many keyword searches as "curb" and "numbers" and 3 other feeder sites closely named).

After 6 months of building the sites and another 6 months learning seo, I have learned that often there is no cut and dry answer for seo, esp since the search engines keep their exact algorithms secret but advertise from 200 to many more hundreds of factors. Also, because the search engines often re-crawl sites only every 30 days, even the most trafficked sites like facebook, it often takes awhile to see if changes are for the better or worse.  I also discovered that even when recrawling sites, backlinks can be ignored totally - I guess maybe the specific subdomain that the backlink is on maybe has to get enough traffic to be counted.  Anyway, that is all I should say for now as I know that short reads are much preferred. Will expound on some programming concerns later. TTYS! Cheers! - David K, owner

Edited by CurbPaintingcom, 12 September 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

Welcome aboard!

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 IdiosyncraticLibra98

IdiosyncraticLibra98

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

Hope you enjoy this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, hello

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download