Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How does plane or jet operates in the air

plane jet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mutago

mutago

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:24 AM

Hi everyone,

A case study of Jet or plane flying from USA to India. 
Any idea whether big or small are welcome

Here is my question. please I need as many answers as possible one by one.

1.) How does the plane communicates and responds to the depature stations as well as the arrival stations Eg. is it by 
phone call, Internet, signal or some kind of sensors. Please explain in details.

2.) As plane flies over land, oceans, desert from USA to India, those it loose its internet connectivity. Eg. can I be able to
facebook, whatsapp, tweets from my phones or from my laptop as the plane flies from USA to India without any internet disruption.

3.) Does the plane has inbuilt internet system like an uninterrupted CyberCafe for internet users onboard.
4.) How does Jet or Plane knows that its getting close to the arrival stations.
5.) More informations are welcome.

Thanks

Edited by mutago, 10 September 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#2 SapphireWarLord

SapphireWarLord

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

Modern airplanes use radios to communicate with ground control and when they move to different parts of the country and the world they have to change air traffic controllers. They have regional controllers for different countries, but when you move countries, you have to change country controllers and when you fly over the ocean, there are special oceanic controllers. Pilots know where they are (ie how close they are to airports) because they make use of radar and GPS. Here is an article that describes how in flight WiFi works. The flights I have been on usually have a captive portal for securing their WiFi.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download