Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

MMORPG Project

game programming c# mmorpg team project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 122max122

122max122

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

I am going to be starting a new MMORPG project and I am currently trying to recruit people to help me program the game. The language that I use is C# so this is the language that I would be looking for in any person who wants to be a part of the team and the game will be run using Unity as the game engine so if you have experience with Unity it would be very useful.

This work would be voluntary and so I would not be able to pay you but when the game is finished, the profits will be split between all the people who helped out with the game. I am also looking for 3D modelling artists, game designers and people to help write the story line and quests etc. This project should be a lot of fun and if it is successful, it will be a great experience. If anybody would like to be recruited into the MMORPG team, you can contact me at:

Email: maxwh@live.co.uk

Or alternatively, you can just post below and I will have a look.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

I'm going to warn you: you probably won't get many takers. You're basically asking us to work a part-time job, unpaid, in the hopes that it will turn into something that makes enough money to have been worth it. Of course, you're going into the VERY competitive MMORPG market, which means you'll need to have a fantastic idea to make this work. And a fantastic server when you go live. For a large MMORPG, you need fairly specialized hardware that's also fairly beefy (ie, expensive).

Given that we've seen several people come through with that idea, and none have come back to brag about how rich they are and we lost out... what makes your project different?

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 122max122

122max122

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:26 AM

I don't think that their projects ever really took off and it was probably due to a lack of leadership or due to the fact that it seems that the last person who wanted to make an MMORPG on this site didn't have good game development skills to start the project off. I feel that if I get a team together with people from the various departments of game development, I would be able to make an exceptionally good MMO game. I already have unique ideas that I have spent time thinking over for the MMORPG project and I feel I have the development qualities and leadership skills to produce a good quality game. All I need now is people to help me out in the creation of the MMORPG.

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:36 AM

122max122, as I indicated before. Attracting quality programmers with a promise of profit sharing almost always fails. The reason is simple: they need to feed their families. They also typically work 50-60 hours a week, meaning not a lot of free time for side projects. I'm not saying you don't have a good business plan, just that you sound exactly like all the ones who don't, and that means you'll get very cautious interest, at best. We don't even know if you're looking at fantasy or sci-fi for the genre.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 122max122

122max122

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Ok well thanks for the advice - I appreciate the comments you have given.