Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How To Convert ASP.NET Website to ASP.NET Web Application

asp.net asp website convert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlexiaPamelov

AlexiaPamelov

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

I have an ASP.NET 5 Website (visual studio), but the site continues to grow and is looking rather cowboyish among other things. I'd like to see this get converted into a Web Application (namespaces and all).

Is this something that can be easily done in Visual Studio? If not, are there any other tools out there that could create all of the namespaces, etc. automagically?

Edited by WingedPanther73, 18 June 2015 - 03:50 AM.
remove spammy link

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:54 AM

You're talking about apples and oranges.

ASP.NET 5 is the technology used to build the website. Within that technology, you can use MVC, Web Application, etc., but they are ALL ASP.NET 5. Every last one of them. How easy or difficult it will be to change from what you're currently doing to Web Application is impossible to say with this little information, but my guess is it's probably not a good idea, either. You probably need to sit down and really look at how your code is structured and question every aspect of the design. Once you do that, you'll know how much of what you have can be preserved (well designed classes) and how much is garbage that needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/