Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How to Connect Android app to MySQL database?

android mysql

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaffeelin

jaffeelin

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hi,
I have been bought shared hosting. I have a MySQL database and now I want to connect my db to my Android project. Could you help me please? I am new to android development. I have a website already setup which uses mysql database. I want to know how can i connect my app to that database.

What i wanna achieve is that my app should make a request to find a table of a defined "ID" or name. The table contains links to images or image names. I want the app to retrieve those images and display them on the android app.

What are the ways this can be done? Can i use php to develop an android app?

If anyone can also help me by suggesting me a way or giving me suitable links of tutorials that can help, I'll be thankful!

Edited by WingedPanther73, 01 June 2015 - 04:09 AM.
delete spammy link

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

You keep mentioning where you bought your shared hosting in your questions, even though that's irrelevant. I'm starting to think you're a spammer rather than someone asking honest questions. Please stop.

You haven't given us a lot of details on how you have things set up, but you'll probably need a PHP script on your host that processes requests to store/retrieve data from your database.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 AanRusmanto

AanRusmanto

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

You keep mentioning where you bought your shared hosting in your questions, even though that's irrelevant. I'm starting to think you're a spammer rather than someone asking honest questions. Please stop.

You haven't given us a lot of details on how you have things set up, but you'll probably need a PHP script on your host that processes requests to store/retrieve data from your database.

ok, nice tips

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download