Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Site transition issues

html

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

Since the transition, I have noticed the following issues with the site. 1. Site is incredibly slow during posting/replies. 2. Missing graphics 3. Textarea for topic text/response text is small, by default. I see the width is set in the CSS, but it textarea goes by columns and rows for the size.
My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#2 PrezidentCC

PrezidentCC

CC Newcomer

• Administrator
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we have moved to a new dedicated server, and are utilizing a CDN to serve a lot of the graphics.  Our new IP address has been updated, so hopefully moving forward, images and CSS files, etc will load properly.  Let us know if you still find glaring issues with the site.  Thanks again.

#3 charlesdavis

charlesdavis

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Assembly, Fortran, Prolog

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:09 AM

First thing please make the all css as inline an secondary thing is that please reduce the weight of images and test your site with google developer that show the exact issues which are making your website speed slow..I am sure your website speed automatically increased ..

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

Charles, why would he make the CSS inline? That makes no sense, and would slow down the site.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 charlesdavis

charlesdavis

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Assembly, Fortran, Prolog

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

Sorry WingedPanther73, By mistake i mentioned it, actually i want to talking about external css not inline css..appolize for same.. :) :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download