Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Making a drawing for browsers?

java website drawing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mkjrfan

mkjrfan

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Hey I'm currently doing a project for my school on cartoons and one thing that I would love to add is drawings! But the thing is I want the audience to make their own drawings together! I want to develop some type of app that will allow them to draw on a large canvas on their phone or computer that also updates with other people's drawings (like a collaborative project). The only problem is I need everyone to have it before I present, so that means it cannot be by download. So I was thinking if I can make a website for people to go to (like kahoot) all they would need is just a link.

My main language is java and my only experience in java is making games. Is there anywhere you guys can point me to learn how to make a website and a drawing app?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

All I really want to app to do is:

• draw
  • erase

If I have enough time I would like to add changing color and changing pen size. Hopefully this is not too complicated.

Edited by mkjrfan, 01 May 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#2 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:58 AM

Best way to do so would be with html5, javascript and nodejs.

If you google node js drawing, you will get a lots of tutoriel

Back a cople of month, I tested this one http://tutorialzine....s-drawing-game/

Pretty simple, and work great

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#3 mkjrfan

mkjrfan

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the reply! When looking at the tutorial I noticed the example does not work on my tablet. Does drawing for html5 not work for tablets or mobile?

#4 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

The code work with the javascript event mousedown, mousemove, mouseup and mouseleave

If you want to work with a tablet you will have to work with the event touchstart and touchend

If you change the event, it should be working without any other modification (I didn't tested it, so cannot garentee you)

And insted of changing the event, you could listend to all thoses event so it will work on both computer and tablet/phone

#5 mkjrfan

mkjrfan

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

#6 charlesdavis

charlesdavis

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

Did you think it is easy task like drawing cavwas and its associates features easily. For it you need to implement so many features like photshop, corel draw, flash, pdf, acrobat reader then you come to main features so please re- think about it then decide..Everything is possible in this World but it is not single man work ...you need expert team for same..All the best

#7 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

eeee what?

He's not talking about recreating photoshop.

He's talking about a script that can be done in like 20 lines

#8 mkjrfan

mkjrfan

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

Sorry if I had not made it clear what type of features I want to implement into this drawing site, but I'll list it here and then change the original post.

All I really want to app to do is:

• draw
  • erase

If I have enough time I would like to add changing color and changing pen size. Hopefully this is not too complicated.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download