Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Feedback on jQuery plugin

jquery plugin javascript

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 KodeKool

KodeKool

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

Hey Guys,

I've recently been working on learning how jQuery plugins work and how to develop them. I came up with a small one that takes a <select> tag and based on either customized options put in during the initialization of the plugin, or by using the default (no options), auto loads the options, and based on the chosen option, creates and changes a second <select>

I came up with an idea like this looking at forms that prompt you to choose a country, and then changes the second <select> prompting you for a province or state. 

Can you guys take a look at it and give me some feedback/suggestions? I'd just like some suggestions on the format and layout of the plugin. and maybe some suggestions on where to take it (things to add to it, remove, change).

Some questions i'm interested in getting answers to:

- does this plugin make anything about developing a useful application for it easier?(i.e it auto loads and changes the select form, however does the time it saves end up being cancelled out in the fact that you need to populate your own arrays of text, values to customize it)

- is this plugin easy to use? are the instructions left on the demo page easy to follow? how can I improve this?

-Should I continue working on this plugin?

- What are it's strengths (if any), what are it's weaknesses?

-What is your overall impression with this plugin, and would you use it in your applications if you needed functionality similar to what it provides?

As always any feedback at all is greately appreciated, thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. I've provided a link to the plugin below.

http://jwp528.github.io/dropload

P.S this is the first time i've ever tried something like this. So I'm aware that things may not be right, so don't hold back. if something isn't done right or my implementation isn't to standard. please let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

~A program will always do what you tell it to do, and seldom what you want it to do~

Check out my latest PHP tutorial

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download