Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Building a UI with TableLayoutPanel

c#. tablelayoutpanel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hello,

I would like to create something like this i.imgur.com/pMi2rJB.png with a TableLayoutPanel. I want these two bigger areas as a cell and if a user clicks a button a usercontol should be added to the 2nd area. (under the red area).

Now's one of the problems for me:

Should i create a UserControl including a menu, so that i theoretically wouldn't need the red area (there would be the menu) or should i create them separately, so that i would need the red area? The menus wouldn't be the same or what could i do?

In the other cell (the left one) i would like to have a information display, where information appear. I guess it could be added to the the UserControl which is added there, because i guess it will not change, else it should probably also be a row in the TableLayoutPanel?

BTW: Is it possible to add 2 UserControls to a cell?

Edited by Crusher, 16 March 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

Welcome aboard.

Here's a useful video tutorial on TableLayoutPanel

Yes, you can put multiple values and controls in a single cell, check the video at 4:40 minutes or so to see it.

I root for separate menu and adding to the cells, but you just check what works better for you.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download