Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Paperback or Electronic?

books paperback electronic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Error

Error

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Learning:Java

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

I am going to step art college and even though this is something minuscule, I tend to make it a big concern. Lol. What do you prefer and why? I heard, too, that you don't fully grasp something as well in an electronic book as much as you would with a paperback. Is this true? It's a hard decision, because I want to have this huge library of books, but at the same time, I want something that is pretty portable. Which, Kindle is pretty portable. I don't have to just have it on one device. Which is pretty nice.

Anyways... Looking forward to your opinions!

~~~~Error~~~~

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Paper forces a different type of interaction. There's an ability to rapidly flip around with paper that doesn't exist with digital. BUT, digital can be searched in a way that you can't with paper. A PDF, for example, lets you search for a keyword in places that the index might not list.

They have their respective advantages. I have a lot of PDF books, Kindle books, and Paper books. They're all different.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Nier

Nier

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

Paperback 100%. I hate reading electronic books and I never buy them. To me, it just doesn't seem like a book. I read a lot of blogs online but that's it. There's something strangely satisfying about having the actually physical copy of a good old fashioned book in your hands.

The one down side, is space. I tend to buy a lot of books then have to give some away or sell some.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, paperback, electronic