Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a mate programmer or co-founder

unpaid learn java web startup mentoring project earn free opensource

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aly

aly

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hi
My name is Alex. I am a software developer with 10+ years of experience with Windows desktop platform (C++, then C#). Although for the last few years I"ve been working in a leadership position and haven"t been coding at work, in my free time I learn Java technology stack (started with Spring, Hibernate, JSP etc) and web technologies. 

Since it is always more effective to learn in a real project, I was looking forward to join an opensource project. But finally I came up with an idea of a product or service that would leverage the technology stack I am learning and can potentially be a source of income. 

At the moment, I already created the backend that does all business logic and a simple frontend that utilizes its functionality and hosted it on RedHat cloud (JBoss 7). The next steps as I see them is to productize the solution back-end and design the company web site that would provide paid access to the service. 

Why am I posting here?

1. While learning technologies all alone I sometimes doubt I'm doing things right. I like to stick with effective solutions and not to invent a bicycle. As for C# which I know very well, sometimes I help younger developers to avoid mistakes that I went through before.
2. Since I am new to the technology stack, my performance may be not high enough to bring a solution into production quickly.
3. Web stuff is embarrassing me. It seems one needs to have a specific mindset in order to develop for web. When I develop Web I feel like crawling through debris blindfolded, so a co-developer with Web experience would help.

So I am looking for a mate with whom we could either learn together while working on a project or who could mentor me. If our project succeed - we will make some money with it. I will share my idea and the code. If you have a better idea of a product or service - I will be more than happy to join you since my primary goal as of now is to learn.

Please contact me if you are interested in this.
The technologies I learn and use:
Back-end: Java (Spring, Hibernate, jetty, maven, JAXB etc)
Front end: Javascript (AngularJS), jQuery, AJAX, bootstrap, etc - but can be anything
My contact: ay8.dev@gmail.com

Anyway thanks for reading this through the end :)
Not sure if I am posing to the right forum so Moderators please advice not ban.

Edited by aly, 02 February 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Welcome aboard Aly,

I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Let's hope some codecaller, with spare time, who fits your requirement joins you.

Of course we'll expect you to share the experience.

#3 Kriss

Kriss

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Python, Assembly

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

I see you've got lots of experience Alex. I'd like to become your partner, but sadly.. I don't have enough experience.. I just know C# and JavaScript. 3 years of programming.

Anyway.. Good luck :)

#4 mevinvijay

mevinvijay

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, Python

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Your project seems to be excellent. I certainly would like to join but I need few more years handy experience to reach that level. Let see if could join you in the future.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unpaid, learn, java, web, startup, mentoring, project, earn, free, opensource