Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

I want to start writing C/C++ applications, but I cannot find the resources.

c++ eclipse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 Chall

Chall

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Normally, the advice for speeding things up is to profile it first.

So if you find your logic is running super quick, but all your time is in the graphic library you use. Then you want to focus on that, maybe trying a C++/C interface instead. 

If you find actually its your java code, and the graphics run fine and quick, then you might get what you want by speeding up your code (in a number of different ways.)

Once I enabled hardware acceleration using the snippet I provided in my earlier edit, I saw a VERY significant increase in FPS, so it turns out it was the graphics libraries, as I expected. The other code could still use a lot of revision though, since I just threw stuff at it for certain parts.

Speaks fluent Java

#14 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

:D

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

#15 Chall

Chall

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Just wanted to update, after revising one part (the painting method stuff for the graphics engine) by making everything wait till it's actually done painting, I have increased the FPS above 100, even at full screen. Today is a joyus day. Now to fix those pesky little errors.

Speaks fluent Java

#16 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

No c++ then? :P

Congrats on the fixings. Now may be a good time to test the graphic lib in different platforms, see if the problem was solved, or if it was just an instance of it.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download