Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Shell programmer needed

voip shell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyVB

CrazyVB

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hello programmers,
A small team of developers and myself are working on a VoIP project for the gaming community. We are all working volunteerily to make the application. We all have experience in what we do, but we have hit a dead end. After setting up registration, login, and the custom graphic UI, a problem arose trying to get the server to communicate with the application's TCP client and execute commands like sending messages to other users. We don't have any shell programmers on our team that could write the needed code for the server, so it would be great if any of you would like to participate in this project. Again, this is not a paid job offer, but if you like what you do, it can be a great source of experience for any future projects you might be a part of.
Thank you for your time,
CrazyVB

Edited by CrazyVB, 30 December 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#2 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4854 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

From my understanding, this sounds more like a protocol implementation problem than a shell problem.

Edited by dargueta, 31 December 2014 - 02:40 PM.
I can't grammar. XD

sudo rm -rf / && echo $'Sanitize your inputs!'

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:16 AM

Absolutely, unless you are talking about shell scripts to check/test/configure client machines.

Is it at least working using the same PC as server and client? Does it work inside the same network?

Help us understand the problem.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download