Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

About python scripting?

online printing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alejandro

Alejandro

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

I have downloaded a python program and using a script to run on a website while I'm not at the computer. However I am relatively new to programming and any sort of language.

The script is checked and verified, however I have no idea how to make it work. I've obviously entered it into a blank script and now what do I do to make it run?

I don't see any sort of option to make it run and was hoping for some sort of guidance. Help?

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

In the Python IDE (IDLE?) you should be able to paste it, and it will step through each line for you. There should be a "run" option somewhere within.

If you are on Windows you may of course make a batch file or on Linux run the command "python foo.py" (assuming python is within your PATH variable in Windows or Linux) or "C:\wherever\python.exe foo.py"

You should be able to as well right click the python file and have it open up with the interpreter, but the program may close automatically upon completion.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download