Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Artifacts when saving png file

c# artifacts saving images

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys and gals,

I'm working on a bot that will manipulate other programs and take pictures at set intervals. I want to save the images with as little compression as possible. I need it to be a common file type such as JPEG or PNG (TIFF looks beautiful but windows file viewer wont open it) Between JPEG and PNG, PNG photos look the best when I open them up. The problem is some of the images develop artifacts when they are saved as PNG (see attached, talking about the white blotches) .

My question, how can I get rid of the artifacts?

Thanks,

Zero

Posted Image

#2 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Seeing as I can't see your image, it's difficult to tell exactly what you mean, however, I'll try to help you out a little.

If you're using lossy data compression, you're more than likely to get artifacts. This will depend on your compression ratio, but ultimately you should understand that when using this type of compression it is going to happen.

If you could post your code, I'd be interested to see what you're doing and what could be done to improve the quality of the image.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download