Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Adobe Illustrator 5.1 file corrupted

illustrator file corrupted

Best Answer achimbayer34, 28 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Typically when this occurs in CS5, the auto recovery function will kick in the next time you open the program up

The word [Recovered] appears after the filename in the title bar of the document window to indicate that the document contains unsaved changes that were automatically recovered.

If you cannot see them, Illustrator creates temporary filesending in " .tmp " for example photoshop files would be: ~PST#####.tmp in Windows; or Temp##### in Mac.... (### is series of numbers)

Those files are temporarily stored in the hard drive and deleted once you save the file or close the program BUT if the program or computer crashes sometime they stay.

If the file got deleted or corrupted then you will not get this file back again.

Search your system for TEMP followed by numbers as shown above and see if you can find it.

Alternative solutions:

Non-commercial source- http://www.filerepai...rgent-help-need

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 valkuipers

valkuipers

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

I work with Adobe Illustrator 5.1 so I am wondering how my files can be corrupted or cant be open, or else, because I am a professional designer who has many clients worldwide and all my sold designs sent as eps files are always accepted with no problems.

I would appreciate help cause, as I already said, I am new one here.

Thanks

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

Generally, a file corruption happens when there's a disk failure or a system error while writing the file.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Welcome aboard,

In addition to bad savings or hardware, it might also be that the file it's being opened by a previous software version, or that it wasn't downloaded (or uploaded) correctly. That last part often happens with big files sent by email, but could also happen in any other kind of uploading/downloading situation.

#4 achimbayer34

achimbayer34

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:54 PM   Best Answer

Typically when this occurs in CS5, the auto recovery function will kick in the next time you open the program up

The word [Recovered] appears after the filename in the title bar of the document window to indicate that the document contains unsaved changes that were automatically recovered.

If you cannot see them, Illustrator creates temporary filesending in " .tmp " for example photoshop files would be: ~PST#####.tmp in Windows; or Temp##### in Mac.... (### is series of numbers)

Those files are temporarily stored in the hard drive and deleted once you save the file or close the program BUT if the program or computer crashes sometime they stay.

If the file got deleted or corrupted then you will not get this file back again.

Search your system for TEMP followed by numbers as shown above and see if you can find it.

Alternative solutions:

Non-commercial source- http://www.filerepai...rgent-help-need

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download