Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

I lost all the letters, there is no backup.

outlook express

Best Answer LyleSimon, 29 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

I do not know you've already tried this method or not, but it should help. Recover files from the Recycle Bin. The path will look something like C: \ Documents and Settings\username\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Identities\{80B6C0B5-5CE8-4FB2-9E00-9E2EAE6FCDFF}\Microsoft\Outlook Express.  Before the changes you need to save a copy of the file from the path, just in case.

Run Outlook Express 6, add a folder for example Old incoming transition into a folder although it is empty (for that would base created) and close Outlook Express 6.

In the Outlook Express folder delete Old.dbx change the file name from Old.bak to Old.dbx 

But before you start worrying try another search solution in this forum:  http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook-express/395-something-wrong-with-outlook-express-how-to-fix-it

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ManuelFraga

ManuelFraga

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

I lost all emails in the Outlook Express. Everything happened very suddenly. Simply turn on the PC. opened an Outlook Express and saw that there were no letters. Thought it was a glitch. But did not find them in the recycle bin even. Hoping that it's because of the compression, but the recycle bin is empty. But no, I did not find the any files. Backup also does not exist. Although I do backups.

I come to the conclusion that this is someone's bad joke or revenge for something. Please tell me how to recover this emails. I'm afraid I can not do it without help.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

There are going to be a LOT of possible solutions, depending on who your email provider is, how your Outlook was configured, etc.

So, let's start with basics, who is your email provider and how were you connecting to your email? For example, if it was gmail, they may exist unless you configured Outlook Express to delete from the server when you deleted locally.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

Welcome aboard Manuel,

Don't panic. A little misclick and things seem to go wrong. You could have accidentally changed your user profile or login. you might have just lost the connection to the server, etc. but get to know which your server is and try to access it manually, all of your emails are probably still stored there.

#4 LyleSimon

LyleSimon

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:44 AM   Best Answer

I do not know you've already tried this method or not, but it should help. Recover files from the Recycle Bin. The path will look something like C: \ Documents and Settings\username\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Identities\{80B6C0B5-5CE8-4FB2-9E00-9E2EAE6FCDFF}\Microsoft\Outlook Express.  Before the changes you need to save a copy of the file from the path, just in case.

Run Outlook Express 6, add a folder for example Old incoming transition into a folder although it is empty (for that would base created) and close Outlook Express 6.

In the Outlook Express folder delete Old.dbx change the file name from Old.bak to Old.dbx 

But before you start worrying try another search solution in this forum:  http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook-express/395-something-wrong-with-outlook-express-how-to-fix-it

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download