Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Our ever changing music taste

jazz music life love

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FacetiousTurtle33

FacetiousTurtle33

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, PL/SQL, Lua
  • Learning:Java

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

Hello codecall! I have some questions. I am very into music, at 18 it is probably one of my biggest passions. Over the past months my music taste has been changing. Greatly. For example, I am starting to listen to jazz, I really enjoy it. Before, I didn't. Great genre of course, but never liked it. Secondly, classical. I did like classical, but never listened to it. Now  I listen to it a lot more often. I still listen to my favorites like Metal, Indie rock, punk rock, folk, etc. But I even have gotten into blues. So, why do you think our music tastes change? Me, and as a general human being? I didn't get force fed, Jazz. I didn't get tortured with it, I have just acquired the taste! 

#2 JonElias

JonElias

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Programming Language:Python, JavaScript, Bash
  • Learning:C++, JavaScript, Others

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

electronic music, my music taste

definitly listen to this

Edited by JonElias, 26 October 2014 - 11:20 AM.

"computers are useless they only give you answers" Pablo Picasso
And yes he was alive when the first programmable computer was made

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

My three go-to bands are Gorillaz, They Might Be Giants, and Roxette. I also listen to Unkle and Queen on a regular basis.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Yes, my musical interests changed slightly around that time also.  I was always into classic rock, etc., but found myself drawn to jazz fusion.  

If you're into guitar based fusion jazz, check out videos of Stanley Jordan.  He taps the notes, instead of picking them.  He's amazing.

Others include Larry Carlton, Jeff Beck, Lee Ritenour, and Pat Metheny. 

Now I pretty much listen to anything, with the exception of rap.  Being a musician, I just don't get it.  

My main playing influence is Ritchie Blackmore.   I brought my kids to see him live earlier this year, and they were amazed at his playing.  He's ancient, but still got it.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#5 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Taste is not something that changes, but evolves. As your spectral sensitivity grows your ability to experience and process sound enhances, helping you hear, and understand, what you didn't before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jazz, music, life, love

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download