Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Eclipse in Ubuntu

eclipse ubuntu java

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Error

Error

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hello, I am having a problem with Eclipse on ubuntu. I Really like ubuntu so far, I find it really nice.. but I would be happier with it if I could get Eclipse on it successfully. I tried following some tuts and didn't have much success. This is the file's name, that I downloaded: eclipse-jee-luna-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz I am just trying to get the latest version to work on my desktop and I installed all I need for Java already, like I said, just need Eclipse to work.

Thank you.

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

Have you tried using the Ubuntu Software Center to find and install Eclipse for you? This may be the preferrable way, unless you desire learning how to install packages manually:

http://askubuntu.com...install-eclipse

Remember, all distributions are different, and some distribution package managers may go out of their way to make installing a certain package on your distribution easier - so don't take Eclipse's website as the only source of instructions on how to install it.

Alexander.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download