Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Voice chat. Internet disappears

skype internet drop no connection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys. I apologise for my bad English. I hope you can understand something and help me :) So, I've been using Skype earlier with no problems but now it causes my internet connection to drop. Sometimes I can speak with my friend for 5 minutes and sometimes skype drops my internet when i just log into it. I also tried to speak via Steam voice chat. The same problem occurs. I have to wait 10-30 minutes to get internet working. The windows 7 troubleshooter says that it's something wrong with DNS servers. My router is D link dir 615 m1 and im connected with wire from router to my pc. Thanks in advance :)

#2 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Greetings!

First off, is the internet strong enough to handle voice chat, I have to ask.

If it is, then goto "Internet Options". You can find that in internet explorer or by right clicking the internet icon on the bottom right of the screen (which shows your connection and such). Goto the "connections" tab, and then lan settings and uncheck everything in that tab.

e10dd297c18c8223a49b49214269ddd2.png

If anything is checked, that could alone be the culprit for your issue.

408a9056c5e9eafe994ad6b621b8948d.png

If the problem persists, then head to your internet connections again, and right click on your current wired connection (mine is named "Local Area Connection", and goto properties. From there, choose (TCP/IPv6) or (TCP/IPV4). If you do not know which one you have, google ip and if your ip looks like 123.45.678.910 as opposed to fdda:5cc1:23:4::1f, then choose ipv4. From there, Make sure Obtain an IP automatically is checked and that the "alternate configuration" tab is left on auto".

48f9b7807f7e78b04fa11458eb9e8919.png

3c5453bc96d74736234252c906233f2e.png

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#3 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for the help but the problem still exists :| I think my internet is fast enough (300kbps). (my friend's got 100kbps and he can use skype properly.) As I said i didn't have this problem earlier. Waiting for help :/

#4 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Hmmm, I can't think of anything else that could be causing this issue. If everything is set to automatic, it should be getting the exact settings from your modem. If no one else can help you, I would suggest doing a hard reset of the modem/router.

Have you tried using a different computer on the same network? Even a phone?

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#5 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

I've done factory reset on my router many times. By the way, the fun thing is, when internet disappears and I turn pc off, internet is working then, I can use it on phone.

#6 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

When you are factory resetting your router, are you unplugging it as well? Some routers go into sleep mode rather than power off if you don't unplug them. I would unplug the router for about 30 seconds or so, then plug it in again and let renegotiate.

Also, you can try a DNS flush.

Start -> then type "cmd" (without the quotes) in the "search programs and files" search box -> then right click on cmd.exe, and click Run as Administrator 
-> then type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes) and enter

That may help.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#7 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

A lot of routers have the ability to monitor traffic and show you reports via a webpage. I'm curious whether your computer is chewing up network traffic on "something else". Similarly, if your computer being on or off affects your phone's data rates, that would be a sign that your computer's doing something with the internet you aren't aware of.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#8 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Can't find anything in router's admin cp. Is there a good application to track my internet usage?

#9 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

I've plugged ethernet cable directly to the pc and tried to make a call. The problem's still there so I know that it's not a router's fault.

#10 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Task Manager in windows should have a Networking tab. On mine, when I'm "idle", it's usually at less than 0.01% (chatting on IM, etc). Loading a website caused a spike up to 0.5% during page load.

If you have a constant level of bandwidth, that's a strong sign that you've got something odd going on.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#11 GarbageCollector

GarbageCollector

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

Just had a look. When idle it's 0-0.01 .Tried to turn on skype and write a message. Still 0,01 but internet disappeared. Dunno what to do :|

#12 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

My next troubleshooting question would be, does this happen with other applications, or just Skype? If you can maintain a connection while not running Skype then there may be an issue with your Skype client.

FACEB00K Likes this.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download