Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Screenshot website project

screenshot website

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JackomoLight

JackomoLight

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, Perl, Ruby, Lisp, Bash

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

A little website I made for taking screenshots of website using PhantomJS:

http://www.screenshot-website.com/

#2 wim DC

wim DC

Roar

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2681 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, JavaScript, PL/SQL
  • Learning:Python

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

You are seeing this page because the domain name of this website has not been verified according to the regulations of ICANN - the body responsible for ensuring a stable and secure Internet and developing Registrar and Registrant policy.

:)

#3 JackomoLight

JackomoLight

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yep, that's fixed now :D

#4 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Without meaning to sound rude...why would I use this site when I can just press prnt screen + paste it into a graphics software of my choice?

I know you could say some people would be technologically impaired and not know how to do that, but at the same time figuring out how to use it sounds just as complex...(entering the URL, entering in email, accessing email etc)

Edited by Kadence, 29 July 2014 - 02:38 PM.
typo

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#5 JackomoLight

JackomoLight

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

You have a very good point though I am sure some people would find it useful. Anyway, project is mostly for fun and I might add some additional features to make it more useful.

#6 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

You have a very good point though I am sure some people would find it useful. Anyway, project is mostly for fun and I might add some additional features to make it more useful.

What would be good is if you made it a time lapse sort of thing...where it takes a screen shot of the website every few weeks and archives them into a gallery...I know there are sites out there that do this but even so they are pretty cool to see! You could organise them into themes i.e. tech websites etc and then after a few years you'd have something pretty awesome to show case.

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#7 JackomoLight

JackomoLight

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

It's a nice idea but quite expensive to achieve storage-wise(depending on how many websites you are doing it on)

#8 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

It's a nice idea but quite expensive to achieve storage-wise(depending on how many websites you are doing it on)

A simple 1920x1080 png would only take up about 1mb depending on the website...but I get what you're saying...alternatively you could use it as a screenshot tool? Maybe develop some software or an add on that lets you screen snap? I know there's already programs out there that do that...but it's a very unsaturated market and could be an interesting project to work towards?

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#9 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

A little website I made for taking screenshots of website using PhantomJS:

You mention JS, but all I see is it linking to a PHP script. Where is JS used here? What method are you using to take a picture of the rendering of the website? Is this JS library something standalone, which the PHP script calls?

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#10 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

What about creating site's storyline movie from the image captures just like Facebook does? that could be, in time, added value.

#11 JackomoLight

JackomoLight

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'm using PhantomJS which is a server side application for rendering pages. Don't know about the story line don't think it will be used much.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download