After having a spare afternoon I figured I would share this post so people can get to know me some more! I will also be taking over member interviews!
1. Let's start with you introducing yourself to everyone.
Hello everyone, my name is Loren K Petrova aka Kadence, I’m 19 at this time of writing, I’m originally from the south of Moscow in Russia!
2. What languages do you program in?
Well I mostly program in Python and PHP but soon I will be using Java and C more.
3. Outside of programming, what other hobbies do you have?
I like to meet new people, explore new places and drink, which although drinking is a stereotype, I just enjoy the intoxication more than I do the actual drink!
4. What's your biggest achievement so far?
Non-programming related it would be being given a full academic scholarship for medical school, programming related it would be coding my wallscraper script in Python, it was very simple but it was my first non-website related script.
5. What one piece of advice do you wish you'd been given when you started programming?
RTFM (Read The ******* Manual)
6. What are your career ambitions?
Well it was to be a Doctor of Medicine but now I want to work in Artificial Intelligence, so that’s the goal from now on!
7. What brought you to Codecall, and why did you stay?
A friend suggested me that I should join CodeCall (This was when I was 14) because I was learning how to program and I did, but life quickly made joining CC difficult, so I left and I became back last September, I stayed because of the community here, lots of help but not a community that “gives” you answers, which is nice because I like learning rather than being fed!
8. What first got you into programming?
The desire to build something, I like to solve puzzles so being able to create a solution for it just by typing really appealed to me.
9. What food do you enjoy?
Right now I am on a Mexican crave! I love all Mexican food right now! I guess it’s because I like chicken a lot!
10. What's your worst fear or phobia?
I have a weird phobia of buzzing noises, I’m not afraid of the animal, like a fly, a bee, but I dislike the buzzing to the point of where it scares me.