Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Tell me what you think of my website.

website asp.net web development

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phi

phi

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash
  • Learning:C, Pascal

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Hi, I am very happy to have my first website (solely developed by myself) online and working. It is a website I developed for showcasing and selling a product. I want to hear anything from you, feedback, reviews, opinions, suggestions etc. They will be welcome. The website is http://www.ylybox.com

:biggrin: .

Love what you do and you will be successful...

#2 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Pro:

Great design, simple, right to the point, yslow give you a note of "B", wich is pretty good

Con:

Optimise your images!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, your site is 34.8mb, the normal user will take forever to load this page, and most of the time, will simply close the window before the site finish to load. Resize your image in photoshop, and optimise them for the web.

The menu need more work. The links move when I put the mouse on them, so I cannot click on it fast, the tooltip sometime doesn't show completly, the is no reasy for the tooltip anyway... and it make the whole site move them I move over the menu, so I'm distracted from the menu.

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Adding to Vaielab, in personal note, I don't like, when scrolling down, the big left margin. Also I am not sure the top menu looks that good.

#4 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I agree with all the above, it's a great looking site, good colour scheme but I feel like the navbar doesn't flow...

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#5 phi

phi

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash
  • Learning:C, Pascal

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

Thank you all. 

@Vaielab : The cons you pointed was really helpful, I have tried to reduce to reduce and optimize the images. 

@* : Concerning the navigation bar, I guess I will have to think it over, Please can you advise me on the type of navigation bar you think would fit best or making the current one static should be ok ?.

Love what you do and you will be successful...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: website, asp.net, web development

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download