Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

What computer games do programmers play? If any? :D

games steam origin justin bieber must die

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Why is that? Not enough time or it just doesn't interest you?

Most games are simply not worth the $40-$50 price tag that comes with them to me. These days, I play MineCraft about 90% of my gaming time, and am totally happy with it.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#14 farrell2k

farrell2k

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Before I took a -> in the knee, I used to be a programmer.  I played a lot of Skyrim.

Averageloser.com - I used to be a programmer like you, then I took a -> in the knee. 

#15 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Yes, I know the A10 Tank Killer...one of my favorite military aircraft!

And, that is a very nice joystick and throttle! But that price tag...that is the only reason I become the keyboard/mouse control expert -- I keep finding other things to spend my money on first lol.

Yea, that joystick was effeminately not the cheapest alternative to a keyboard/mouse setup (Actually, I think it's the most expensive lol) and I'm not going to say it was worth the price, but at least I don't have to worry about replacing it...forever. lol

Most games are simply not worth the $40-$50 price tag that comes with them to me. These days, I play MineCraft about 90% of my gaming time, and am totally happy with it.

I really only have a select four or five games I play. And i'm normally pretty frugal about buying them. I tried Minecraft and was not a real big fan of it. I thought it was just a hyped up game that was only popular because little kids were able to run it on their windows 95 desktops.

Before I took a -> in the knee, I used to be a programmer.  I played a lot of Skyrim.

I would have played skyrim alot if it wouldnt have crashed everytime you added mods.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#16 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

I really only have a select four or five games I play. And i'm normally pretty frugal about buying them. I tried Minecraft and was not a real big fan of it. I thought it was just a hyped up game that was only popular because little kids were able to run it on their windows 95 desktops.

I was the same. Then I started playing, and seeing some of the things that can be done with redstone, etc. I play MineCraft like a programmer, building contraptions and gadgets for my amusement. None of my stuff looks pretty, though :)

#17 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

I've been a Battlefield person for a number of years.  Unfortunately, as with most games, they are more concerned with graphics than the gameplay itself.  The gameplay in Battlefield 2 blew away the gameplay in BF3 and BF4.  If they simply kept the gameplay of BF2 and updated the graphics, most people will be happier than they are with the current iteration.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#18 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

I was the same. Then I started playing, and seeing some of the things that can be done with redstone, etc. I play MineCraft like a programmer, building contraptions and gadgets for my amusement. None of my stuff looks pretty, though :)

Have you ever tried Garry's Mod? There's alot of interesting addons which you can download include one that adds a Arduino type functionality where you need to program an object in C++ to have the object do something.

I've been a Battlefield person for a number of years.  Unfortunately, as with most games, they are more concerned with graphics than the gameplay itself.  The gameplay in Battlefield 2 blew away the gameplay in BF3 and BF4.  If they simply kept the gameplay of BF2 and updated the graphics, most people will be happier than they are with the current iteration.

I still play Battlefield 2 for Project Reality :)

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#19 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

I've played Tekkit a couple times, which I think includes Garry's Mod. At this point in time, to be honest, I'm still having fun with some of the things that can be done with a standalone Bukkit server and a few well-picked mods. I already managed to hose up one server by figuring out how to game the presence of both mcMMO and Jobs plugins to make an absolutely stupid amount of money. One of these days I'll seriously dive into Tekkit or FTB and try to REALLY make a mess of things :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, steam, origin, justin bieber must die

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download