Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

What computer games do programmers play? If any? :D

games steam origin justin bieber must die

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I, myself play primarily

• Arma 2/3
  • DCS
  • Eve
  • Falcon 4 BMS
  • Garry's Mod
  • IL2: Sturmovik
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator: X

Pretty boring list, but I like simulations because I know I'm never going to be able to get a pilot licence.  :)

Edited by Thryckz, 21 June 2014 - 10:45 PM.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#2 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others
  • Learning:Assembly, Others

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I am a HUGE FSX fan! I fly when ever I find free time...and it's the heavies for me: PMDG 747-400 is my current favorite.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#3 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, (Visual) Basic, Perl, Transact-SQL, Bash, Prolog, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

I wish I had the money for a pilots licence - enjoy FSX occasionally. I find Eve great but takes all you spare time up and so don't play anymore (didn't help that I was bad at it either)

Currently I play Team Fortress 2 or Counter-strike, as I can dip into them for 5/10 in between doing everything else that needs to be done.

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

#4 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I am a HUGE FSX fan! I fly when ever I find free time...and it's the heavies for me: PMDG 747-400 is my current favorite.

I'm starting to get into FSX after years of playing DCS & Falcon 4.0 BMS (My original goal in life was to join the Air Force) but none of my friends really have an interest in games like that. Recreational/Commericial Flight Sim's seem very relaxing and obviously do-able with person so I've been giving that a shot. 

I wish I had the money for a pilots licence - enjoy FSX occasionally. I find Eve great but takes all you spare time up and so don't play anymore (didn't help that I was bad at it either)

Currently I play Team Fortress 2 or Counter-strike, as I can dip into them for 5/10 in between doing everything else that needs to be done.

I hate Team Fortress 2 since they decided to make the game free. I bought the orange box back in 2010 for $49.99 -_-.

Counter Strike Source is the only CS game I have, not many people play that anymore.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.

#5 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'm starting to get into FSX after years of playing DCS & Falcon 4.0 BMS (My original goal in life was to join the Air Force) but none of my friends really have an interest in games like that. Recreational/Commericial Flight Sim's seem very relaxing and obviously do-able with person so I've been giving that a shot. 

I really started getting into it a few years ago because I wanted to be a commercial pilot, but I waited too long...so now I just have my flight sim. I've also tried the trucking sim, and want to try out the train sim too.

And now some of the addons for FSX are so detailed in their simulation it's crazy! I mean learning the procedures and FMC of the PMDG made feel like I was actually learning to fly a real 747. So now if I am ever on board a trans-Atlantic flight and the flight crew suddenly becomes incapacitated -- I can calmly stand up and announce to all souls on board, no worries, I got this lol!

Hey, maybe if there enough pilots here we should fly a multi-player session together if we can all find the time -- I know a good server.

And if your interested here is one of my landing vids that was put together from some random flights that I've doen.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#6 JackPanzer

JackPanzer

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL
  • Learning:PHP, Python, Ruby

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Haha, what a nice thread :D

I play most of the time TF2 in European servers and BattleField 4 but I'm not big deal.

Also, I like platformers but because Gaben will never have my credit card I use PCSX2 and play my old PS2 games. I love simulation games too, so sooner or later I'll play again Gran Turismo 3.

By the way people, is there a good rally game? I heard about DiRT 2 and looks interesting.

#7 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

I really started getting into it a few years ago because I wanted to be a commercial pilot, but I waited too long...so now I just have my flight sim. I've also tried the trucking sim, and want to try out the train sim too.

And now some of the addons for FSX are so detailed in their simulation it's crazy! I mean learning the procedures and FMC of the PMDG made feel like I was actually learning to fly a real 747. So now if I am ever on board a trans-Atlantic flight and the flight crew suddenly becomes incapacitated -- I can calmly stand up and announce to all souls on board, no worries, I got this lol!

Hey, maybe if there enough pilots here we should fly a multi-player session together if we can all find the time -- I know a good server.

And if your interested here is one of my landing vids that was put together from some random flights that I've doen.

I would cry if i had to land with a keyboard/mouse. And yeah

! That would be cool to have a little mp session event :) Do you play vatsim?

Haha, what a nice thread :D

I play most of the time TF2 in European servers and BattleField 4 but I'm not big deal.

Also, I like platformers but because Gaben will never have my credit card I use PCSX2 and play my old PS2 games. I love simulation games too, so sooner or later I'll play again Gran Turismo 3.

By the way people, is there a good rally game? I heard about DiRT 2 and looks interesting.

Don't buy Dirt, it's too late. The game was packed with microsuck's drm "Game for WIndows Live" which is closed now. So now way you'll be able to run the game. However, there is the neat game that I've been playing with the concept car physics that have been showcased on games for the past couple months. It's called SpinTires. Now the goal of the game is to offroad/mud and transport logs. However, the mud physics in the game are SUPER realistic and makes traversing "simple" terrain hard as the mud physics are persistent. Anyway, to the rally part. The game has full modding support and the developers respect the modding community. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a rally car and track for the game.

#8 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

I would cry if i had to land with a keyboard/mouse. And yeah

! That would be cool to have a little mp session event :) Do you play vatsim?

I haven't flown Vatsim in a very long time, but I know a couple of guys who run their own server (747-737 Jet Hops) and it's usually pretty relaxed there. Sometimes there's ATC, and always real world weather.

And I have pretty much become an expert flying with keyboard/mouse lol. Some people told me that I would not be able to fly PMDG with keyboard/mouse, but I have been doing it for quite a while now. I can land visual approach in heavy crosswinds (crab/decrab), and even type rated to land TFFJ!

Do you have yoke or joystick?

FACEB00K Likes this.

#9 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

I bought this joystick solely because of DCS as I like flying the A10C (US Miliary Close-Air-Support Plane *if ya dont know). The main selling point for me was the throttle since it was an exact replica of the left panel of the A10. With this, came all of the switches and hats (which are alot).

I don't have any pedals though, which make flying helicopters in DCS real hard, and since there is a limited amount of Aircraft on DCS, I've turned to Falcon and FSX.

Since I first learned how to fly a plane in a military viewpoint, commercial and private planes on fsx are a pain. But put me in the FA-18E on FSX and something will blow up.

#10 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

Minecraft, OpenArena, Xonotic, and Simon Tatham's puzzle collection are my main ones. It's very rare that I'll pay for a game, these days.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#11 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Minecraft, OpenArena, Xonotic, and Simon Tatham's puzzle collection are my main ones. It's very rare that I'll pay for a game, these days.

Why is that? Not enough time or it just doesn't interest you?

#12 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I bought this joystick solely because of DCS as I like flying the A10C (US Miliary Close-Air-Support Plane *if ya dont know). The main selling point for me was the throttle since it was an exact replica of the left panel of the A10. With this, came all of the switches and hats (which are alot).

I don't have any pedals though, which make flying helicopters in DCS real hard, and since there is a limited amount of Aircraft on DCS, I've turned to Falcon and FSX.

Since I first learned how to fly a plane in a military viewpoint, commercial and private planes on fsx are a pain. But put me in the FA-18E on FSX and something will blow up.

Yes, I know the A10 Tank Killer...one of my favorite military aircraft!

And, that is a very nice joystick and throttle! But that price tag...that is the only reason I become the keyboard/mouse control expert -- I keep finding other things to spend my money on first lol.

FACEB00K Likes this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, steam, origin, justin bieber must die

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download