Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Asp.net/Razor syntax

asp asp.net web programming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amarante

Amarante

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hello, i am learning C# for scripting in Unity and general windows/windows phone programming. I am also interested in the ability for it to use Asp.net.

There is one problem though, i would also like to build a text based game such as www.theninja-rpg.com or ogame.org, both of these games are written in php where using HTML as the interface the user chooses an option and it is process on the sever and the output is returned. I know Asp.net is considered a good web language, i have read that the Razor syntax is used t do this, so i really would like to ask those who can use Asp.net who have experience in writing the code, if you were to undertake a task such as this would it be possible?

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Razor is the preferred syntax when using the MVC 3 framework or later for ASP.NET. As far as creating that page, the logic on serverside wouldn't be near as much of an issue for me as the graphics.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Making a game like that? yes.

Having it working in the scale Ogame does, 24/7, millions of users, actions being performed even when users are not logged-in... if that's the case, I would rely more on PHP.

Not because PHP itself of course, but LAMP or Wamp, IMO, are a better team up, and easier to find documentation about proper configuration for such massive consuming task, than Windows webserver, plus MSSQL, plus ASP.NET, I won't say it isn't possible that way, but I would rather rely on the LAMP (Linux,Apache,Mysql,PHP) better, and of course, it's all for free.

#4 Amarante

Amarante

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

The reason why I did not choose PHP was because c# a will be using for alot of projects. And I was not going to use ms SQL but MySQL.

Graphics wise not a problem though.