Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Coffee & Smoking

coffee smoking cigarettes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DeadLine

DeadLine

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, VBScript
  • Learning:C++, JavaScript, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Honestly, I can't be the only one who's addicted to coffee and cigarettes on this forum.

If you smoke, what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

Also, what's your favorite coffee?

I prefer Kent & Douwe Egberts Senseo Coffee Pads.

#2 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

I always finded that any addiction is a bad addiction

I like coffee, but only one cup by day, no coffee on weekend, and from time to time I stop for a week or two

In that idea, I even stop taking my synthroid a cople years ago

Wasen't easy, I gain a lot of weight, but I manage to lose it and live a normal life

The important thing for me, was that I'm not addicted to anything anymore.

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#3 farrell2k

farrell2k

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

You have to stop, bro.  Both are so god damned bad for you!

Averageloser.com - I used to be a programmer like you, then I took a -> in the knee. 

#4 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Learning:Java, Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, ActionScript, VBScript, Others

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yeah they really are. But, you know that for yourself. Caffeine and Cigarettes have got to be one of the worst long-term combo's that humans use today. When it comes to legal recreational substances. Anyway, don't ya know there are more enjoyable, healthier, and safer alternatives than cigarettes? There are many plants out there that have been around for thousands of years. One in particular is widely available, won't kill you, and most likely would probably strengthen your system and help reverse some of that lung damage you received from cigarettes. Look into CBDS and do yourself a favor by eating delicious edibles and getting those lungs and heart back to normal again..

#5 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

I never smoked. I generally dislike being around people who have recently smoked, due to the smell. As for caffeine, I generally drink a LOT of tea (mostly black and herbal), 1-2 Mountain Dews a day, and the occasional cup of coffee on the weekend.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#6 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

I used to live off of coffee when I was doing school work but now I don't drink coffee and I only smoke when extremely drunk. 

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#7 DeadLine

DeadLine

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, VBScript
  • Learning:C++, JavaScript, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hehe, well I'm surprised that there aren't more people on here who smoke. We all know how bad it is for you but oh well, if it's not the cigarettes that kill you it will be climate change or AIDS,.. or maybe just of old age.

Point is, everyone dies so you should make the best of it. Ofcourse, you don't want your life to be all miserable and live your last moments in pain so yes, I plan on quitting in july. Smoked for about a year now and well, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to quit even though about 5% of people who smoke are able to quit after smoking for a year.

#8 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

At least in the US, there has been a HUGE, MASSIVE push to get people to quit smoking. Since most of us pay for our health insurance, anyone who smokes also faces higher insurance premiums. The result is that smoking is not viewed as socially acceptable, just tolerable.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#9 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Same here in Canada

Plus, there is less and less place where you can smoke anymore

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#10 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, (Visual) Basic, Perl, Transact-SQL, Bash, Prolog, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Smoking has become very anti-social able now as its been banned in all public buildings (in the UK.) 

As a non-smoker this is great, a night in the pub used to be a packed out affair and you needed to wash your clothes and hair many times before it stopped smelling. Now all the smokers huddle outside in the cold, so its much more pleasant.

Personally never understood the appeal of smoking.

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

#11 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others
  • Learning:Assembly, Others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

I feel left out being both a non-caffeine drinker and non-smoker...especially when every workstation in class has either a Mountain Dew or coffee/latte drink attached to the student...

Also, as former traveling DJ/performer, I loved it when most of the nightclubs I played in the U.S. went smoke-free! I think it added years to my life.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#12 Barnsite

Barnsite

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, (Visual) Basic, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

I smoked for quite a few years, was up to 40+ a day, also drank gallons of coffee.  Giving up smoking (and down to one or two coffees a day) was the single best thing I ever did in my life, full stop.  I would never preach to anyone else what they should or shouldn't do.  However, what I can tell you is that even though I stopped smoking at 31 the effects are still with me now (at 45) and probably always will be to an extent.

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coffee, smoking, cigarettes

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download