Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

question in virtual classes

objective c ios app

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asom

Asom

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hello ..

i designing iphone app , and i thought to add a Sounds rooms or halls of virtual or anyone that has the same characteristics

what should i do ? to complete my app

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:23 AM

Start by specifying your idea in more detail. For example, when I think of a "Sounds room", that could be anything from a list of MP3 files to play, to a random music generator.

You need to think about things like "What should the app do?" "What should the user interface be like?" "What options should the user have?" etc.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Asom

Asom

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

Start by specifying your idea in more detail. For example, when I think of a "Sounds room", that could be anything from a list of MP3 files to play, to a random music generator.

You need to think about things like "What should the app do?" "What should the user interface be like?" "What options should the user have?" etc.

virtual classes (to be the meeting between users audio and video and file sharing)

its like group chatting , but not for chat by typing , by video and audio

what i can do to add this part to my app

its look like whatsapp but (video & audio ) interaction not by typing

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Aside from the obvious question of "what's wrong with Skype?" (which may or may not exist for iOS), my questions still remain. You've sort of answered what the app should do: Allow 2 people to have voice/video chat... unless it's supposed to be a group of up to 30 people... or 200. If it's more than 2 people, will it be moderated or free for all?

Everything in programming comes down to going from the general idea "group chat via video/voice" to the details "This application will support up to 30 people in a video/voice chat. There will be a moderator who has control over who appears on other people's screens, along with a way for other participants to request the ability to present."

Or it might go to "This application will support up to 30 people in video/voice chat. People who are currently speaking will have their images presented to other users in a tiled array, with images auto-sized to fit the current screen."

Or it might be something else yet again. Or have options for both of the above behaviors.

Then there's the question of whether it will be based on a central server, or be more of a peer-to-peer application.

#5 Asom

Asom

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

thank u for ur responding

q:what is the mean of "whether it will be based on a central server, or be more of a peer-to-peer application." ??

#6 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

As an example, with Skype, all text communications are passed through a central server, which saves all communications and can be recalled for historical purposes (central). For voice calls, however, it is possible that the central server hands the IP addresses of the two parties to each other, and then the VOIP communication is made directly between the two computers without passing through Skype's servers (peer-to-peer).

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download