Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Second Interview with Apple

interview

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others
  • Learning:Assembly, Others

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Well, today I had my second interview with Apple.

It is only a support position (I have very minimal experience with Mac products, as I explained to the interviewer), but my interview performance (along with a 4.0 cumulative GPA) helped me into the third round.

I never planned on moving into a support role, and only applied on a whim, but after my experiences on Codecall I think I will do OK; and so far it looks like the position will fit with school for the moment as well. And hopefully Apple will look good on my resume in the future, either in support or development.

Thanks for all of the help, guidance, and insight that helped me get this far!

I will be meeting with the hiring manager in a week or so. Wish me luck.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#2 gonerogue

gonerogue

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Good luck !

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

Good luck to you!

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, (Visual) Basic, Perl, Transact-SQL, Bash, Prolog, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

I hope you get it, then maybe you can tell me why the wireless on my IPhone has stopped working ;)

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

#5 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Good luck, but I am a little concerned that you may be pigeon holing yourself into tech support, rather than development.  If that is your passion, I would go for that, and not move to tech support.  

Although Apple would look cool on a resume, I would be more concerned that it would look like your out of programming for that duration, thus not helping you in progressing in the programming world.

It's a decision you need to make.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#6 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Thanks everybody!

I hope you get it, then maybe you can tell me why the wireless on my IPhone has stopped working ;)

No problem Evan, we'll get you sorted right away lol :D

Good luck, but I am a little concerned that you may be pigeon holing yourself into tech support, rather than development.  If that is your passion, I would go for that, and not move to tech support.  

Although Apple would look cool on a resume, I would be more concerned that it would look like your out of programming for that duration, thus not helping you in progressing in the programming world.

It's a decision you need to make.

That is exactly my concern lespauled! But I am at the point where I need the money to complete my education (while keeping my student loan debt from getting too much worse)...and I am guessing that this would look better than working at the corner gas station?

I will continue to develop though, that is for sure!

FACEB00K Likes this.

#7 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

You could argue it makes you a better developer because you've heard first hand what the main issues are with various products from mobiles to work stations

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#8 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

You could argue it makes you a better developer because you've heard first hand what the main issues are with various products from mobiles to work stations

That is how I am trying to reason it, even though I do not plan to develop for iOS; but who knows -- I may end up learning some things that change my direction.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#9 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

Best of luck for you man! I think the best way to think about it is: dreams don't pay the bills, and once working, finding a new job becames easier, and nothing says you can't switch to a development position in Apple, that would help both career and sustenance.

Let me tell, my first four or five jobs weren't about computing at all. I needed money (I was 18 and my family was broke) , so I took whatever I could, from painter (or is paintsman? the one  you call to paint your house) assistant, to folcklore magazine reporter. From waiter to clothing production-line guy. I never stood long at any job, always looking for a better one, until I finally got one with a computer, and then I had to find no other kind of job.

So, my man to man advice, survival-make-yourself-a-man-wise, get what you can get, without getting your mind off your true objective, in the long run, the one who knows what he wants is the one who gets what he wants ;)

#10 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thanks BR! That's kinda the way I am going with it...so we will see where fate takes me next!

FACEB00K Likes this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interview

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download