Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

[Video] Kathy Sierra: Creating the minimum badass user

minimum user software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Great video I watched recently and wanted to share with you. Sorry I couldn't embed the Vimeo directly.

http://businessofsof...ct-development/

What are you building now? Need some ideas on how we can apply this to your product?

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#2 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others
  • Learning:Assembly, Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

Really surprised that no one replied to this!

I finally found the time to watch the whole video, as well as check out some of the material and researchers she referenced, and this has to be the best advice ever -- and not just for developers, but for life.

Makes me look at everything from a different perspective!

FACEB00K Likes this.

#3 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Glad you liked it! As a technical product guy, it really realigned how I'm seeing the product and prioritizing the features on my roadmap.

Another interesting one I saw yesterday about ADD/depression w.r.t. developers, etc.:

http://businessofsof...are-conference/

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#4 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Glad you liked it! As a technical product guy, it really realigned how I'm seeing the product and prioritizing the features on my roadmap.

Another interesting one I saw yesterday about ADD/depression w.r.t. developers, etc.:

http://businessofsof...are-conference/

Just watched the first couple of minutes of this next one...and the quote:

I do not understand what I do.

What I want to do,
I don't do.

But that which I hate, I do.

kind of hit close to home, because I deal with some of the very same issues.

Going to watch this in its entirety as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks for some great information, Roger!

FACEB00K Likes this.

#5 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I finally watched the entire second video, and that one was great too! His description of waiting to the last minute then coming up with something is totally my process lol! But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find any other way to do things.

And, I wonder how many other developers deal with similar problems with ADD/ADHD and depression?

FACEB00K Likes this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minimum, user, software

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download