Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Suggest for creating a separate part for embedded programming!

c c++ embedded programming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 roby

roby

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hey guys,

Why don't we have a separate part for embedded programing? especially in C/C++ part!

#2 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hello Roby

Please can you explain (perhaps give an example) what you mean?

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Most of the people who ask questions are asking about the basics. With that said, embedded programming is still completely appropriate in the C/C++ section, or the assembly section :)

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 roby

roby

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

Hello Roby

Please can you explain (perhaps give an example) what you mean?

Hello dear Kadence

As far as i know, the CODECALL is a forum for general purpose computer with CISC architecture (like PC) but if you consider you will know we have a lot MPUs and MCUs that they have RISC architecture. for instance if you would work with AVR or PIC or ARM or.... MCUs you will feel that we need a part for these MCUs or MPUs. or for another example the FPGAs or CPLDs! if you would like to work with these integrated circuits, you have to learn VHDL or Verilog language. the embedded world is sooo much excellent and interesting! the many mobile phone use RISC architecture processors. even Iphone or Galaxy series of Apple and sumsung company! if you googling for embedded forums, you will see many result for it. if you have other questions, ask me.

Most of the people who ask questions are asking about the basics. With that said, embedded programming is still completely appropriate in the C/C++ section, or the assembly section :)

I really eager to see a part for embedded programming. especially for C/C++ and VHDL.

#5 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

Okay thank you for your detailed information, WingedPanther and I will put it forward to the relevant team and see what they think.

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#6 roby

roby

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

You're wellcome. Ok.  When will you inform to me the final result for this request?

#7 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

There will be an announcement if it is successful alternatively if not I will personally PM you to let you know.

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#8 roby

roby

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

There will be an announcement if it is successful alternatively if not I will personally PM you to let you know.

Ok, Thanks. I'm waiting

#9 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4854 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Okay, so here's the thing: We've gotten requests for new subforums before but so far very few (I can only remember one in my seven years here) have actually succeeded in getting more than a few posts.

Staff talked about it and we decided that if you and anyone else interested can scrounge around and find at least ten threads that could be recategorized as embedded programming we'll create the subforum and do a trial run of a month or two to see how it does. Does that sound reasonable?

Edited by dargueta, 07 April 2014 - 10:31 AM.

sudo rm -rf / && echo $'Sanitize your inputs!'

#10 roby

roby

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Okay, so here's the thing: We've gotten requests for new subforums before but so far very few (I can only remember one in my seven years here) have actually succeeded in getting more than a few posts.

Staff talked about it and we decided that if you and anyone else interested can scrounge around and find at least ten threads that could be recategorized as embedded programming we'll create the subforum and do a trial run of a month or two to see how it does. Does that sound reasonable?

Anyway, it was just a suggest. personally I'm working in embedded world.

#11 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4854 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Right, but if this is something that'll be popular with our users (and maybe even drive traffic to the site) then we want to do it!

sudo rm -rf / && echo $'Sanitize your inputs!'

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download