Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Develop for Microsoft Kinect

c# microsoft kinect

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pedro

Pedro

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

i've an application developed with Kinect SDK using XNA and WindowsForm WPF. Someone know if i can resell an Microsoft Kinect device with my application or i need to have some kind of licence from microsoft corporation?

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

There are 2 kind of licenses, this is what MS says about it:

What are the terms of the commercial license? How is the commercial license different from the non-commercial license?

The Kinect for Windows commercial license authorizes the development and distribution of commercial applications. The non-commercial license applied to the beta version of the SDK, which was appropriate for research, testing, and experimentation, but is not suitable to produce commercial products. The commercial license that is available with the Kinect for Windows software (versions 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8) enables developers to create and sell their Kinect for Windows applications to customers who use Kinect for Windows hardware on Windows platforms.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download