Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Had interview with Google today

interview google

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, PL/SQL, Assembly
  • Learning:C++, C#, Lisp, Scheme

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Wanted to give an update, I heard back just recently and they want to schedule another interview I sent them a list of some good days I would be free and I'm waiting to get an official time. Like I said it is a 6 interview process so 1 down many to go.. so close yet so far lol

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pally

#14 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Cool.  Keep going.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#15 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Cool.  Keep going.

Thanks buddy, had my second interview yesterday which i feel went even better than the first interview. But have to wait for the official feedback..

Guy i talked too was really interesting works on google flights and loved his job which i can only imagine it sounds awesome

Edited by Pally, 24 February 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#16 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Unfortunately they decided not to move forward, however was a very rewarding experience to interview with a company I really admire.

Hopefully this thread will at least spark some interest in others who have dreams of working with Google or another tech giant, and if anyone ever has a question about the interview process I'd be happy to offer what insights I can provide.

Thanks for following along with this thread it has been fun.

#17 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Sorry to hear it.  

I've been a consultant for many years, and as a consultant, I have to go to an interview for each contract.  You learn something from every interview.  Over time, it will help you get over the nervousness.  After a while, you will realize that your heart rate doesn't go up one bit.  You will be more confident and that confidence will show during the interview.  It could be the difference between getting the job and not.

So, look at every interview as a learning experience, that will help you, no matter what the outcome.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#18 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Sorry to hear that Pally, however the fact you got as far where most would wash out is a testimony to yourself! Plus it is better to have tried and lost than to never have tried at all! :)

I'm proud of you Pally, most people wouldn't even attempt to apply at google due to fear of automatic rejection. 

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#19 0xFACEB004

0xFACEB004

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others
  • Learning:Assembly, Others

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Sorry to hear the news Pally, but glad that you had the opportunity to go through the process. Hopefully what you've learned will help next time.

FACEB00K Likes this.

#20 0xDEADBEEF

0xDEADBEEF

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, (Visual) Basic, Perl, Transact-SQL, Bash, Prolog, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Sorry to hear this; make sure you get as much feedback as you can as it can only help you going forward.

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

#21 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Appreciate everyone's support,

As most of you have mentioned I feel as I approach graduation now in next few months I will feel a lot more confident having the experience I did with Google's interviews.

Best,

Pally

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interview, google

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download