Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Visual Studio releases are failing to bring up their GUI

microsoft visual studio c++ panda3d

Best Answer Toxicshadow , 10 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Sorry to double post, but I fixed 2008 by just reinstalling it. I feel like an idiot now for not doing that first lol.
Would delete this buuuuut... idk if I can.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toxicshadow

Toxicshadow

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hey Codecall, sorry if this is in the wrong section, and sorry for the misleading title. I'm actually just having some issues with both my installations of VS. So for a while I used VS2010 for C#, and that was fine and dandy; ran great. But recently I've been checking out Panda3D and for it's C++ feature, you have to use VS2008, because of the way the .DLLs are built. Granted, you can manually rebuild it for 2010, but I'd rather just use the express 2008.

So I went and got the express edition of 2008, installed it for C++, and oh god the errors began. I spent the next hour or so searching the internet for possible fixes for very general errors (I had no optimization pragmas, yet I was getting the 'An internal error has occurred within the compiler'). So after trying something else, VS decided it would be a good idea to ** itself and stop responding. Of course first instincts say to end it through the taskman, and doing so was a terrible mistake.

This somehow broke both of my copies of VS (2010 full and 2008 express). Whenever I go to launch either of them, they sit in the background processes taking about 95%-98% of my CPU, and fail to bring up their respective GUI.

So, what do?

Edited by Toxicshadow, 10 January 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#2 Toxicshadow

Toxicshadow

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:38 PM   Best Answer

Sorry to double post, but I fixed 2008 by just reinstalling it. I feel like an idiot now for not doing that first lol.
Would delete this buuuuut... idk if I can.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download