Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How to Update Website

javaee tomcat update war website

Best Answer Pally, 31 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

Only concern is if there is any security concerns that I may be unaware of, I don't believe there are any thus I have moved everything out of WEB-INF and into a directory on the server, problem resolved.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Appreciate your help,

Problem is with JavaEE / Tomcat6 all of my files that users upload are stored in WEB-INF. So how do I update the website (without losing files the users uploaded)? I need a way to update the website without overwritting what users uploaded and were stored in WEB-INF. How would I got about this?

Thank you

PS:What I've been doing is downloading everything from WEB-INF, including it into my .war file and then pushing the entire war file to the server, but the uploads in the WEB-INF folder are getting larger 5-6 gb so downloading and uploading them everytime is a pain.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pally

#2 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'll move everything out of WEB-INF and into a different directory on the server not too far from the root directory like "/uploadedDocuments" if thats the easiest solution, which I'm thinking it is off the top of my head lol

Edited by Pally, 30 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:27 AM   Best Answer

Only concern is if there is any security concerns that I may be unaware of, I don't believe there are any thus I have moved everything out of WEB-INF and into a directory on the server, problem resolved.

Edited by Pally, 31 December 2013 - 07:28 AM.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download