Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

My Paint Application

java paint drawing application netbeans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phi

phi

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash
  • Learning:C, Pascal

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hello everybody here at CODECALL,

Attached is the netbeans folder of my first java application, a paint application, reviews and feedbacks are welcome!

I would to thank NomNom for his java Mini-Paint Program, in java tutorials, http://forum.codecal...-paint-program/, that was really helpful :thumbup: !

Attached Files

Love what you do and you will be successful...

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

A really neat application! A small notice..in the rectangle the width is written as breadth unlike the other options. Breadth to me sounds like line thickness or something.

I opened a png or gif and upon adding a shape I get this fairly huge warning in console:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

( full: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2fhhdVTz )

Is a pleasing kind of interface laid out like that to be honest, not cluttered at all.

Alexander.

Edited by Alexander, 19 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#3 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

A really neat application! A small notice..in the rectangle the width is written as breadth unlike the other options. Breadth to me sounds like line thickness or something.

I opened a png or gif and upon adding a shape I get this fairly huge warning in console:

( full: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2fhhdVTz )

Is a pleasing kind of interface laid out like that to be honest, not cluttered at all.

Alexander.

Breadth by definition is "The measure of the second largest dimension of a plane or solid figure; width"

But I agree, width is a lot better term especially for a generally used app.

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#4 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Very nice app! just subject it to heavy testing so you could find out the exceptions. Is it done or are you going to upgrade it?

#5 phi

phi

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash
  • Learning:C, Pascal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

I just started learning java and this is my first app and also a project given by the school for the java course.
@Alexander && @LPK, I am going to change that (width/breadth),and have a look at the error too !
@BlackRabbit not for now, quite busy working on school projects, some later time may be !
Thank you all ! :D

Love what you do and you will be successful...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: java, paint, drawing, application, netbeans

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download