Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Trying to register without Facebook

registration error register

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patton

Patton

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

I have a friend who is trying to register without facebook. Once filling out the required fields we get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /home/ccipbinv/public_html/hooks/stopForumSpam_######### .php on line 14

I had the same issue while trying to register myself without facebook.

edit:

maybe it should also be noted that we both were using firefox.

Edited by Patton, 14 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Todays lucky numbers: 4-8-15-16-23-42

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hello Patton, has this issue been addressed with your friend? I notice there is a steady influx of new registrants and believe this issue may have been fixed in mean time.

iconv is usually used as a conversion function by PHP to normalise some international characters (such as 'ç' into 'c') and may have been installed improperly in the revision of our forum at the time and is unrelated to your browser.

I hope this can still be resolved if it has not and I will raise this issue with Roger (You may do this yourself too.)

Alexander.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#3 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Might be a bit late, but the hook that caused the problem was removed about 4 weeks ago. Please let me know if you're still having trouble with registration without FB.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#4 Patton

Patton

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

i mean, me and my friend are already registered...i just thought i would contribute! I cant really check to see if i have the problem anymore..

Todays lucky numbers: 4-8-15-16-23-42

#5 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Okay. If anyone else sees this problem they can report it again.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download