Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Hey, I have a life question

c#

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#13 Cody89

Cody89

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

Thanks WingedPanther. I never heard of C# being used for the web. Do you know any examples of C# being used on the web?

#14 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Most any site that uses .aspx as the extension, instead of .php, etc, was done in C#. Of course, there are a lot of server tricks that can hide that. C# is the default language for ASP.NET web programming.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#15 Cody89

Cody89

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

I have been thinking and I have limited it to either PHP or C#. I like web development so I would want to learn PHP. But I also like C# so I could use Unity3d and make iOS + Android apps or even desktop apps.

From here I am unsure which would be better in the long run. However, I think that if I was fluent with C# I could learn Java VERY easy since it is similar and Java is more of a in demand programming language.

#16 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Look, you seem to want to learn a lot of things, so it will not be a matter of which to choose, but which one first, and in that case, it kind of doesn't matter, pick one and start your way :D

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download