Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Students: Studying and Time management

student study time lazy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 Liam616

Liam616

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'll try Ginko Biloba. I had forgotton to ask, I have a short attention span. Not to look for an easy substitute but is there any more herbal remedies to aid this?

#14 Bazgrim

Bazgrim

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript
  • Learning:C++, Visual Basic .NET, Lua

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

The only other thing I take is Turmeric, mainly for anxiety, but increases bloodflow as well and helps you calm down. Turmeric is kind of the miracle herb of the the world. It's supposed to prevent tons of cancers, help with memory, and the way it calms you down is by cleansing the liver of toxins. (i.e. Sugar)

Otherwise I've tried lots of prescriptions and the main side effect of most of the prescriptions I took is that I can't feel my legs in the morning. xD

I take Ginko Biloba in the morning with my breakfast, do not take it on an empty stomach otherwise you'll feel like doody the rest of the day.

Turmeric I take 2 at night with dinner, it assists in the breakdown of fat and helps me sleep. Be sure to drink lots of water when taking Ginko too.

It's definitely not a miracle fix, but it helps me a lot and has helped me with college.

http://www.amazon.co...on ginko biloba

http://www.amazon.co...wanson turmeric

Edited by Bazgrim, 10 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#15 Liam616

Liam616

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'll try that, thank you. I didn't want to get any prescription medication, buy it's goodto know there's a herbal remedy for most things :P

#16 Aion

Aion

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Multi-Vitamins, Distilled Fish Oil, Bilberry, and Green Tea are a few more supplements you may want to take.  Drink lots of water, this may be too much information but if youre pee is yellow you need to drink more water, if it's transparent, you're on the money. (Cats claw strengthens your immune system)

Edited by GreenshootProgrammer, 10 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#17 Liam616

Liam616

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Went out and bought some Ginko Biloba and Turmeric. Lets see if they help! I think giving up coffee is something I should stick with too. I gave it up for about a week and felt much better! It's just too darn nice though! 

#18 ShenoiVictor

ShenoiVictor

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Evening all!

Having just returned from a lecture, I came to the realization that I don't study as much as I need to (Shocker, right?)

My trouble is time management and attention span. Programming is a skill that you need to keep practicing, but I'm having trouble with how much to do and when to do it!

Currently, I have 4 assignments and 2 exams to take by New Years. which doesn't sound like a lot, but my time is limited due to work and other commitments.

So current and past students, how do/did you people manage it?

Hi,

Personally I believe no software can better than old traditional way of using a paper and a pen, but in case you still want a software. I would suggest to try Replicon's suite - http://goo.gl/yGF1mm

This software not only teaches you how to manage your time but also helps to understand your priorities to become more productive. Its trial features are extremely useful, but if you subscribe to one of their reasonable pricing plans, you access to additional features also.

I have no previous experiences with any such software. This is the first application, I'm using for time and project management. With this software, we can track our time from anywhere using our smartphone, iphone, etc. As we can also enter our project data and create expense sheets for future reference.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: student, study, time, lazy

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download