Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Setup MediaDrop into my HostGator plan [PAID]

paid python hostgator mediadrop setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 AztecKid510

AztecKid510

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Need experienced python programmer to set up MediaDrop into my hosting plan so I can access and navigate as I see fit. I don't know the correct terminology but the developer of the particular software stated this:

"If you need a closer view I'd recommend you pay someone to set up a private instance on some VM or so."

"Just ask him to install MediaDrop somewhere (might be HostGator though I never tried that or a dedicated virtual machine)"

All I have to go on are screenshots via their page (http://mediadrop.net/#screenshots), but I would like an in-depth look which is the reason for this post.

I currently have a hosting plan with HostGator under their Baby Plan if that makes a difference. Also, if you are able to help, I will basically screenshare with you and watch you set it up using my computer (over Skype)...unless you can suggest a more effective method...

I am learning HTML/CSS at this moment so I have no knowledge of programming. I have searched for videos but there are none in existence! I read a bit of the installation guide and it is beyond me.

I read (but can't find the source - probably somewhere in the MediaDrop community) that it's possible to use MediaDrop without a server because one is pre-built with the software. I wonder if this means I can interact with it, but not upload anything? I'm not sure if this makes a difference...

After all is said and done, I would like you to guide me with the initial access to it so I know what to do whenever I'd like to view it.

Please contact me via PM to discuss further. Please note that I am willing to pay and we can get started as soon as you're ready!

Thank you,

Caesar

Edited by AztecKid510, 06 November 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download