Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Best place to buy Custom Laptop?

laptop buy custom

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pally

Pally

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, PL/SQL, Assembly
  • Learning:C++, C#, Lisp, Scheme

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Where are the best places to buy a custom laptop?

Basically I want to make some changes to the specifications etc, particularly I see they all come with windows 8 for the most part, and I don't plan on using windows 8 so if I can remove it from the specifications and save some money that would be great in addition to specifying how much processing power I need etc.

Thank you

SPECS:

I'm just looking for a development only laptop if anyone has a recommendation or sees any good deals online.

I don't need the operating system since I'm going to use linux distro. (probably fedora 19)

I'd like it to be fast and responsive. Thus a decent processor.

screen size not too important since I'll connect to additional monitors at different locations I travel to.

hd space not too important maybe 500 gb since I'll have additional external drives to backup and save information.

memory maybe be nice to have like 6-8gb, but I could maybe get it with 4gb then install something compatible if thats possible.

video card is of little importance since I'm not developing anything with intense graphics and won't be gaming

price range: I'd hate to get too far over $300-500 but I also don't want a ** laptop so I may change my mind

Edited by Pally, 17 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pally

#2 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

TigerDirect has really decent laptops for a very good price.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laptop, buy, custom

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download