Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Does Delphi/C++ Builder have dependency using MS-Access DataBase?

ms-access delphi

Best Answer rabirabi, 23 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Sorry to post after a long way, but the Problem was solved.

I just changed, "c/users/the_laser/desktop/xxx.mdb" to "xxx.mdb" and problem solved. Thread title can be changed to Solved now.

Thank you Luthfi

regards,

rabi

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 rabirabi

rabirabi

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hi again,
First of all I thank this forum for teaching me many new things.

Here I came across a little problem. I developed a c++ builder application which uses ms-access (mdb format) DB file. It works pretty well in this system. but whenever I open it in another systems, it gives something error.

Here is the screenshot. Actually, it an application that prints Bill (reporting using fast report).
Even though, I copied the whole Folder in other system, It doesn't seem to work.

Btw, sorry if it has been posted in wrong section.

regards,
rabi

Attached Thumbnails

• Windows XP.png

Edited by Roger, 30 July 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#2 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

It seems that you did not adjust the location of the .mdb file in the new computer. Your application can not find it, and therefore raised that error. You need to do the adjustment in the connection string to make sure it points to valid .mdb file in valid location/path.

Next time, please refrain from posting a huge image file when we just need to know the error message.

Edit:
(to answer the question in the title)
That depends on how do you connect to that MS-Access Database. When you are using ADO, your Delphi/C++ application will need MSDAC of proper version installed. Usually you just need the computer to have Internet Explorer installed (I forget the exact version, but I believe at least version 4). When you are using odbc, then you need to make sure proper odbc driver installed (again, in most cases MSDAC will already done this for you). Or you might use a custom library, like Unidac, which then you need to carefully read its manual.

Anyway, usually you do the adjustment in installation process. In your actual application either it immediately "dies", or check and then "protest" before dying. :)

Edited by Luthfi, 23 August 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#3 rabirabi

rabirabi

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:38 AM   Best Answer

Sorry to post after a long way, but the Problem was solved.

I just changed, "c/users/the_laser/desktop/xxx.mdb" to "xxx.mdb" and problem solved. Thread title can be changed to Solved now.

Thank you Luthfi

regards,

rabi

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download