Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Question For the forum managers

advertising

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 YoddaLotfy

YoddaLotfy

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

could i advertise about my programs on your forum? i mean can i post links for my programs ?

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

It depends a little bit on the types of programs, etc. People who come here JUST to promote their programs that they're selling tend to get flagged as spammers. If you're participating normally, and mention it in context as a solution to a user's problem, that's another matter. Or you could contact Roger about it :)

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 CodoLogic

CodoLogic

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm not staff or anything but I've been around a lot and asked enough questions to feel that I could chime in on what I know about Codecall regarding this topic. Generally a site like this does not generate much money apart from the developers who get hired from the site and maybe the advertisements which probably don't even cover the hosting fees costs. Codecall is a Community driven and user supported website, which provides its members and readers with valuable information that is generated from contributing members like myself and many others who continue to post and help resolve other peoples issues and questions.

I don't mean to sound condescending here, so don't be offended by the next few words; but what you asked is like walking into a shop and saying to the shop keeper, can I please have a Mars bar, packet of Tayto and a can of Coke for free please. What do you expect the answer to be?

YoddaLotfy, Codecall thrives on member contribution, and we all try to encourage as many people as possible to participate on the boards in any way you may be capable. As you may be able to provide people with valuable information to help them build their projects, vice-versa, thus how the website works overall. As this is what keeps the forums actively providing FREE information and support to who need it.  

Personally, I think that it would be widely frowned upon by everyone here if you did do what you asked. Because even people who help out here everyday don't really promote themselves or their services publicly. As it was once explained to me; that is not how this site works.

Maybe it wouldn't be a problem promoting your products on here if you where willing to share the tutorials on how you made them? Hence; giving back to the site in the process. All coders and programmers are urged to participate like everyone else.

Unfortunately nothing is free in this world, but a possible solution would be to PM Roger and ask him directly, and perhaps if you where to donate to Codecall for every product you want to promote; maybe then it wouldn't be a problem, but like I said; check that with himself first, as that's only a suggestion you could put to him. ;)

And welcome to the forums, and good luck. :)

Edited by KeithAiden, 21 June 2013 - 02:19 PM.

If you find peoples answers helpful, like the post please or mark as best answer. ;)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download