Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

uninstall sqlserver

sql server

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mark92

mark92

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

hi

how  complete uninstall sqlserver 2008 from my computer?

thank you.

Edited by mark92, 05 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#2 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

http://technet.micro...y/ms143412.aspx

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#3 CodoLogic

CodoLogic

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Mark just a tip....but don't un install and reinstall straight away. SQL servers; as they tend to be a bit weird when it comes to reinstalls. Be sure after you reboot when un installing, to use some kind of Registry Scanner or Manually remove any reference of SQL from your registry, should any remain. Or you could be facing major errors when reinstalling it again.

Just remember, that SQL servers tie themselves into many of your operating systems core components, WMI etc.... Many installations and reinstalls may break your system or the SQL server itself, preventing you from installing a working server at a later time.

If you are having issues with it, you're best to try resolve them by command line first. May I ask why you want to un install it?

Edited by KeithAiden, 05 June 2013 - 07:59 AM.

If you find peoples answers helpful, like the post please or mark as best answer. ;)

#4 Barnsite

Barnsite

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Agree 100% with KeithAiden, IF you're un-installing to re-install you will probably end up with more problems than you currently have.  I've had terrible problems in the past tying to do this with SQL Server (and ended up rebuilding the entire machine on some occasions),

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download