Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

What type of music do you program with?

music

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 dreamgt

dreamgt

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Programming Language:C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Bash, Others

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I was wondering what type of music do you guys listen to when you program? I usually listen to Electronic music for most part, lately it has been nothing but Drum n Bass. The following mix get's me going everyday at work:

I really like this mix you linked...

I like infected mushroom, bonobo, air, boards of canada, aphex twin, amongst a few others when it comes to electronica, but I definitely listen to a wide variety of music when I program. Mostly classic rock, heavy metal, and jazz, but not limited to. 

Bonobo is more trip-hop, but very relaxed and motivating stuff: 

#14 Samuel94

Samuel94

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Learning:Java, C++, C#, PHP

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

I do listen to everything. This is the Spotify playlist I have done for the last two years: HTC Desire HD

Includes both (in my taste) bad and good music. I can't really specify any music as I listen to basically everything.

#15 Razentic

Razentic

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#
  • Learning:Java, C++

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

For it me it is pretty much lots of electronic music like DnB, dubstep, glitch hop and electro! infact that is what I normally listen to anyway. Knife party really helps me work along with Noisestorm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download